Air transportation of animals


Animals and pets have always been important for us. Everyday people are working on improvement of their live conditions. It is common to see: clinics, hotels and even restaurants for our four-legged friends. When it comes to transportation of animals, a lot of logistics companies agree to deal with it. If transportation happens on the scale of one country - no problems should arise but when owner of either a cat or a dog wants to send his pet abroad; he has to collect all the documents and create a proper transport conditions. 

List of required documents:

1)Pet passport with all required vaccinations

2)Veterinary certificate #1, which you can get in every state veterinary clinic. It is significant to get this form in state institution and it has to be done at least 3 days before the departure.

3)Certificate(original) of the price of the animal. It can be either a document of acquisition of the animal or certificate from the institution where it was bought.

4)Information about the owner of the animal - passport and identification code.

Remember that in some countries the list of required documents can differ.

Besides the above-mentioned documents, the vast majority of countries require animals to be chipped for its identification. Moreover, up-to-date certificate(no more than one year and no less than two weeks) of vaccination against rabies(and some other diseases) is required.

You should also know some details of the procedure of the transportation. Firstly, you must get a case for your pet. The case has to be plastic and spacious in order to provide a pleasant stay. Pet should be able to stand still, lye and sit in a natural posture for it. An animal has to be well measured in order to get the right case for it. In addition to that, case should be well ventilated (at least from three sides), and also be resistant to scratches. Of course, the case has to be well cleaned. Self-made case are prohibited.

Although animals do not eat much in stressful situations, you must provide your pet with sufficient amount of water and food. If your pet flies in the cargo hold, you also have to provide instructions for feeding.

Tranquilizers and other sedatives are usually not used mainly because of the changes of pressure during the flight. An exception is only a certificate from a veterinarian. In these cases, it is necessary to provide the name of the drug, as well as the dose and the time of taking the medication on the label that was marked on the case. 

You should also get acquainted with the policy of quarantine before transporting your pet abroad. In the vast majority of countries it is only required to have veterinary certificate (international standard). But quarantine services of some countries may require additional documents. By not providing these documents animal might be placed in quarantine where it will be fed and cared for a certain amount of time (from a couple of days to six months).

Thematic pictures:

transport dog

Powered by ChronoForms - ChronoEngine.com